Welcome to East Poultry Company
East Poultry is a wholesale poultry company located in Austin, Texas.
East Poultry company is known for further processing poultry including
de-boning and portioning to supply local area restaurants, hotels, grocery
stores, educational institutions and healthcare providers with a variety
East Poultry was co-founded by Leonard C. East and his son Alvin G. East
in 1913. Alvin helped his father establish the business as a young boy
after they moved to Austin. The East's distributed poultry locally after
buying it from farmers and ranchers. Alvin took charge of the business
in 1927. It grew to include a systematic poultry dressing plant that processed
25,000 chickens daily.
The plant was moved in 1944 to the 700 block of E. 8th Street, where
part of the Austin Police Department is now located. In 1974, it was moved
again to its present location at 2615 E. 6th Street.
Mr. Alvin East remained active as Vice-President and Treasurer of the
corporation until May of 1989. Alongside Alvin during his final years
with the company is the current President of East Poultry, Kenneth J.
Aune, son-in-law of the late Mr. Alvin East. Ken has been part of East
Poultry for over 36 years. Ken’s son, Brian Aune is also part of
the family owned business which has been serving local area businesses
for over 90 years.